In October 1980, Angie Reiter opened the legendary „old“ Baumbar
Within a few days the Baumbar was „THE NUMBER ONE“ party scene in the whole region. Headlining the Austrian star Roy Black. It was a big success and Startkick!
From then on it was Star after Star: Falco, Bilgeri, Fendrich, Franco Andolfo, Percy Sledge, Middle of the Road, C. C. Catch, Georg Mc Grey and many more…
The Baumbar legend is looking back at a long history as an innovative Disco, back then located in the center of Kaprun (Alpenhaus Kaprun).
The Reiters continuously tweaked the success of their Baumbar and everything ran fantastically.
Many tales are told about the old Baumbar. If you keep your ears open, you sense that practically everyone in Pinzgau has a personal story about the good old days of the Baumbar. Stories that include the fire at the “old Baumbar”, of course, but also memories of dancing the night-hours away.
In other words, the legendary Baumbar looks back on a long history as an innovative disco at the entrance to Kaprun. With its close Kaprun ties, a number of generations have already grown up with this dance bar. It seems that everyone who’s anyone gets together at the Baumbar.
It was supposed to be the hottest night since the opening.
The Baumbar burned down to ashes, in the night of 23. April 1988.
Unfortunately the construction was delayed, then Angie took over the „Kuhstall“ – Bar in Kaprun, which she started leading with the „Baumbar-Philosophy“.
The Opening was a big-Party with
Nino de Angelo, Franco Andolfo, Thomas Forstner and Peter Cornelius and
Sport stars like Ulli Maier, Toni Sailer, Karl Schranz, Peter Seisenbacher and Andi Felder came to congratulate Angie.
And from this day more history was written
After 35 years, Angie handed overto three young handsom Kapruner Matthias, Hörbi and Joshi.
· Construction start 21. April 2019
· Construction finish 23. Oktober 2019 - 126 days constrution
· Gross floor area: 539 m2
· Gross floor area of the new building: 425.42 m2
· Gross Floor Area SUMMARY: 964.42 m2
· New foundation on 65 piles with a depth of 15 to 19 m
· Approx. 430 m3 of concrete were used
· Approx. 610 m2 of screed newly installed or supplemented
· Existing roof area renovated - approx. 850 m2
· New roof area - approx. 300 m2
· Glass roof - Arena - Apres Ski: approx. 55 m2 that can be opened
· New roof structure 575 m2
· Formwork outside new 150 m2
· Approx. 635 m2 wall and floor tile new
· Approx. 200 m2 natural stone cladding
· 312 m copper pipes (cooling lines)
· Sandblasting inside approx. 1700 m2
· Sandblasting outside approx. 300 m2
· Power lines: 11.583 km
· Speaker lines: 2.75 km
· Data lines: 10.965 km
· LED strips: 1.052 km
· Lighting fixtures: 196 pcs
On 26. October we reopened the Baumbar again for all guests and friends.
Baumbar is the hottest Party location in the region! Live acts and Djs with mega beats guarantee a great time! We also reopened our Baumbar restaurant that can fulfill all your culinary wishes.
GOOD FOOD, DRINKS, PARTY AMD DANCE YOU WILL FIND ALL UNDER ONE ROOF!